Event Details for…
Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon
Sunday, October 1, 2017 - Presented by Badgerland Striders
Registration for the 2017 Lakefront Marathon opens Sunday, January 15th. Registration is $80 plus processing fees. Online registration will remain open until capacity is reached or the Wednesday before the race (Wednesday, September 27, 2017). Registration will be available at the expo on Saturday, September 30th at the Absolute Race Timing booth. Registration at the expo will be $120.
- The event is limited to 3200 marathon runners.
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Entries cannot be deferred to a future year.
- Packet pick up is on Saturday, September 30, 2017. Expo hours are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Please bring your photo ID for packet pick up. If you are unable to attend the expo, someone else may pick up your packet with a copy of your photo ID. There no packet pick up on Sunday.
- The marathon starts at 7:30am. Early starts are not allowed due to safety concerns. The course will close 6.5 hours after the start of the race. Runner’s finishing after the 6.5 hour cut-off will not receive an official time.
- Participants must be 18 years of age on race day to participate in the marathon.
Bright and early at 7:30 a.m. at Grafton High School (doors open at 6:00 am)
The Lakefront Marathon is a USATF certified course starting at Grafton High School. This flat and scenic point-to-point course travels south through rural countryside, quiet neighborhoods and finishes along the shores of Lake Michigan just north of the Milwaukee Art Museum at Veterans Park. The Lakefront Marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifying course. The marathon starts at 7:30 am. Early starts are not allowed due to safety concerns. The course will close 6.5 hours after the start of the race. Runner’s finishing after the 6.5 hour cut-off will not receive an official time.
Championship Event Series
The Lakefront Marathon serves as the Road Runners Club of America’s State Championship and the Wisconsin USATF Championship.
Male and Female open first – third places ($500/$300/$100 respectively), and 1st masters finishers male and female ($100) and 1st male and female 50+ ($100).
Expo and Packet Pickup
The expo will be held on Saturday, September 30, 2017 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Location and details coming soon!
Awards will be given to the Top 3 Overall Male and Female Finishers, Top Male and Female Masters, and Wheelchair winners.
In addition, awards will be given to the top three in the following divisions:18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+ and Clydesdale/Athena
ALL FINISHERS: All marathon finishers will receive a medal at the finish.
Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon Awards Ceremony will be at 12:15 pm on Sunday, October 1, 2017. For those who are unable to stay for the Awards Ceremony, please send a check or money order for $7.50 with name, mailing address, gender, age group to Judy Springer, 2701 North 68th St, Milwaukee, WI 53210. Submit all requests by Tuesday, October 31, 2017. Awards will be mailed after October 31.
Food and beverages provided by Noodles and Company, Milwaukee Pretzel Company, the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, and the Milwaukee Ale House.
Map of Event LocationGet Directions
If you have questions about this event, contact us at:
Enter your email address below to confirm your registration.